MBA in Business Analytics is a popular specialised MBA course in India. Medical, manufacturing, finance, retail, and many other fields recruit candidates who master data analytics. Business analytics courses use quantitative data and statistical analysis methods to handle business-related problems, communication, project, and people management.
With an MBA in Business Analytics, students can get jobs in the private and public sectors with competitive salary packages. Professionals working in companies or start-ups can also opt for MBA in business analytics.
What is MBA in Business Analytics?
The MBA programme in Business Analytics is a 2-year PG programme that helps to explore the data analytics aspect of running a business. It teaches how to use statistics and tools for data analytics. The topics covered are business fundamentals, management practices, and technical skills.
Candidates with strong business analysis skills can make a great career in today’s business world, and having an MBA in this field certainly gives a competitive edge.
Why Should I Pursue MBA in Business Analytics?
To remain on the path of progress, companies must carefully chart their future growth plans. Businesses need skilled professionals to forecast sales and other measurable parameters. The analysis also helps in understanding and influencing consumer behaviour.
An MBA, in this regard, makes one an excellent candidate for these roles. This degree will help professionals advance their careers in business analytics.
Here are some of the advantages of an MBA in Business Analytics.
- You can gain in-depth knowledge and superior skills
- Exploring real-world experience through internships
- Provides a lucrative job market
- Offers Senior Positions and high salaries
Scope of MBA in Business Analytics
Analytics help businesses interpret data to make market-driven decisions. By monitoring performance indicators, they can decipher the results. The company requires specialised knowledge candidates who understand these conditions and provide in-depth analysis.
- In the management field, this is a relatively new position. Social media and the growth of the internet have made this position more relevant than ever.
- Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive analyses are the main domains of this position.
- IT, e-commerce, banking, and telecommunications are some sectors that prefer candidates with analytical backgrounds.
- In the government, different departments make decisions based on predictions. Hence, business analysts are in demand in Government sectors too.
- The public sector hires data analysts, scientists, qualitative analysts, and data mining experts.
MBA Business Analytics – Course Highlights
Look at the below sections to understand this MBA course highlights.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with an average of 50%.
- Students who have taken the final exam but have yet to receive their results can also apply.
Like other MBA courses, entrance exams decide the admission to MBA in BA. Colleges may seek different exams, but the examination level remains relatively the same.
- Take entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT etc., according to the college’s requirements.
- Prepare for GD and Personal Interviews once you pass the written exam.
- After clearing all the rounds, you can enrol in the college.
MBA in Business Analytics Syllabus
|First Year Syllabus
|Second Year Syllabus
Here is a list of top MBA colleges offering MBA in Business Analytics in India. –
- Jagran Lake City University – Bhopal
- Sage University – Indore
- Sushant University – Gurgaon
- Rayat Bahra University – Mohali
- Chaitanya (Deemed to be University) – Warangal
- Impact Institute of Management Studies – Bangalore
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University – Pune
- Sandip University – Nashik
- NSHM Knowledge Campus – Kolkata
- Netaji Subhas University – Jamshedpur
Business Analytics MBA – Career and Job Opportunities
You can find lucrative positions across industries with an MBA in business analytics. A variety of senior and leadership positions are available to you. There are 1.5 million vacancies for senior business analysts worldwide. MBA Business Analytics students can apply for the following jobs:
- Marketing Manager,
- Management Consultant,
- Business Analytics Specialist,
- Big Data Analyst,
- Predictive Modeller,
- Senior Data Scientist.
MBA Business Analytics – Top Recruiters
MBA in Business Analytics have successfully climbed corporate ladders. Graduates from Indian business schools often find good jobs at global companies.
In this sector, some of the most prominent recruiters are:
- JP Morgan
- Aditya Birla
- McKinsey and Company
MBA in Business Analytics Salary in India
- MBA Business Analytics professionals in India make an average salary of ₹11 lakhs per year due to the growing importance of analytics in business.
- Freshers earn around ₹5 – ₹8 lakhs per year, while experienced professionals can make between ₹10 – 18 lakhs per year.
- Senior-level employees earn between ₹30 lakhs and ₹55 lakhs a year.
If you are a fresher and looking for the best colleges to get your MBA in Business Analytics, we suggest you check out Sunstone, a leading education service provider in India. With its presence at over 50+ campuses across India, Sunstone offers career-oriented MBA training programs to enhance employability. It also offers 100+ hours of industry-aligned training camps that can help you get a better salary package.
Which college is best for MBA in Business Analytics in India?
Here are the best colleges for an MBA in Business Analytics in India.
- IIM – Bangalore
- IIM – Ahmedabad
- Patil University – Pune
- AIMS Institutes – Bangalore
- HITS – Chennai
- School of Management Studies – Hyderabad
What is the eligibility for MBA in Business Analytics?
For admission to the MBA in Business Analytics programme, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution with a minimum aggregate of 50% for general candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates. Candidates should have graduated from any stream before application.
Is an MBA in Business Analytics worth it?
An MBA in business analytics is worth the investment,
- if you want to know how to use and interpret data to solve complicated business problems.
- when you want to increase your business decision-making power.
- you must choose the right programme that teaches how to do technical analysis and apply it to a business setting.