Our foot is the foundation of our body, which makes it essential to take care of its health. It was made for walking and problems in your feet can impact your overall health. Foot pain or foot issues of any kind aren’t to be taken lightly since it can be a sign of a major underlying health problem. If you are facing any feet problems with your feet consult a podiatrist at the earliest.
Common foot care myths:
Foot pain is a usual sign of aging: Years of exerting pressure on our feet isn’t the only reason we experience feet pain. The reasons for the pain may vary. If you are experiencing foot pain, it is better to book a consultation with a podiatrist Irvine and find out what can be done about it.
As long as I can walk with a painful foot, it isn’t broken:
If you continue to use your injured foot just because the pain is bearable, you risk worsening the condition that is causing the pain. Instead make an appointment with a podiatrist and have it treated.
Duct tape helps to remove warts:
Duct tape does help with warts, but not always. Some warts are persistent and difficult to remove through home treatment methods. Only a podiatrist would help you remove stubborn warts. If you are looking for a podiatrist in Orange County¸ reach out to Dr. Sima Soltani. She is one of the top experienced podiatrists in the area and offers excellent patient care.
Shoes are responsible for bunions:
Shoes aren’t the primary cause bunions but shoes could make the condition worse if your feet structure is prone to bunions. Changing your shoes don’t always help.
Pay attention to foot issues:
Most of us have very limited information about foot health and tend to ignore foot conditions. Our feet are made of 50 bones, 60 joints, 200 muscles, ligaments and tendons and there are many things that could go wrong with our foot. Ignoring foot problems would cause mobility problems and affect your quality of life. Never ignore the following signs:
- Cold feet/ toes: This could be a sign of vascular issues, poor blood circulation, diabetes etc. Sometime it would be solved by just using a pair of socks while at times you would require medical help.
- Burning sensation: Burning sensation at the soul of our feet could be due to Athlete’s foot, peripheral artery disorder, neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy.
- Swollen foot/ toes: This needs serious medical attention and can be due to gout, neuropathic arthropathy, cellulitis infection, arthritis, deep vein thrombosis etc.
- Discolored/ deformed toe nails: Overuse or nail fungus are the usual reasons for discolored a deformed toe nails. Sometimes it may indicate serious conditions like anemia, psoriasis or melanoma.
- Foot ulcer or sore: If foot ulcer/ sore don’t resolve within a short duration, it could be due to poor circulation that results from diabetes or peripheral neuropathy.
Contact a podiatrist Orange Country if you notice any of the above signs. Take foot issues seriously and treat it before it turns into something serious.